Pages

Friday, August 23, 2013

DIY Yellow Box

At the beginning of the summer I picked up this four drawer metal box at an estate sale.
When I got the box home to my surprise I realized it was actually two boxes stacked.
Now I know these boxes are old because of the way they were made, and looking at them I don't think they have even been cleaned. So I had to sit for what felt like 5 hours scrubbing and wiping the boxes clean, prepping for spray paint.
Finally after a lot of drying time my little project is finally done!
This was pretty much my first spray painting project, so I learnt a few things. Like how to prep the metal surface, and a trick to painting handles.
Here is how I painted the handles. This worked really well It protected the threads on the handle from getting painted and it was faster because I didn't have to wait for one side to dry to turn it over and paint the other. I just used a grey spray paint that we had lying around in the garage. As for the yellow spray paint I used this:

No comments:

Post a Comment