Pages

Friday, July 19, 2013

Crochet Hexagon

       On a recent day on Pinterest I came across an awesome pin. It was a crocheted hexagon baby blanket. The lady didn't have a pattern but she linked to Attic24, and she had a pattern. Unfortunately the pattern wasn't for an afghan it was just for the hexagon so I have no idea how many hexagons to make for an afghan. So far I have about 57.

 


 









    I laid them all out and it is not even close to enough so I have a long way to go still. They are actually really fun to make them and they’re  not big so each one is quick to  make. It takes me about 13 minutes (while also watching TV) to make one. I’m using Red Heart’s Soft touch yarn to make my hexagons. This is an easy pattern. I used a 3mm hook, and my yarn is a medium weight. Here is the pattern:

Crochet Hexagon
Rnd 1: Ch 4, join with a sl st to make a ring. Ch 3, work 11 dc into ring. (12 st)

Rnd 2: Ch2, 1 dc in same st. Ch 1, work bobble st (two incomplete dc into same st, joining at the end by pulling the yarn through all loops.) Ch 1. Around. (12 bobbles) Join with a sl st into 2nd ch.

Rnd 3: Ch 3, 2 dc into same space. Ch 1, 3 dc, ch 1 into ch space of previous row. Join with sl st into 3rd ch.

Rnd 4: Ch 3, sl st between dc cluster, around. Join with a sl st into first ch.

Rnd 5: Working under the ch 3 space. Sl st under 1st ch 3 space. Ch 3, 2 dc, ch 2 (corner), in same space 3 more dc. Into next ch 3 space, 3 dc. Next ch 3 loop. 3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc, around. Join with a sl st, and fasten off.

No comments:

Post a Comment