Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Squares

So its been two weeks since I bought the yarn for the afghan and I've gotten four squares done and I'm half way through number five. So far so good! I changed a few colours around because I like how they look.
So far I've finished the gingerbread man, wreath, Rudolph, and Santa. They all came out great! I haven’t started weaving in the ends yet which I know I said from the beginning I would do as I went along but when I catch up on watching Halloween movies I will catch up on weaving them in. At least that’s my plan for now.  




Now I thought I did all the math before I went shopping and got enough of each colour, turns out I should have triple checked. Oops. So I have already gone back to pick up more luckily I still got the same deal. I would recommend getting at least two skeins of most colours because there are a lot of times you are working the same colour at the same time at opposite end of a square.

Note: Vanna’s choice is not an easy yarn to work with from the center of the ball. I don’t know if it’s just me but every time I tried to find the end in the middle I ended up pulling half the ball apart. I haven’t found this to be an issue with other yarns I work with. It is still very nice to work with and still soft and durable for a blanket. Also nice colour options which is always a bonus.

That's all for now! HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment