Pages

Monday, October 5, 2015

Crochet Christmas Afghan

So I've been out of the crochet game for a while, but every so often I get an email, text or Facebook message from a family member asking for a crochet project. Which always makes my day! Last week I got a message from my cousin asking for Repeat Crafter Me’s Crochet Christmas afghan. (Check out her blog for all of the instructions. It’s written very well and she is lovely.)  At first I wasn't sure if she was being serious because I knew it was going to be a lot of work and very expensive. I did some research and pricing and let her know, she was still interested! (Which made me so excited I did a little dance.)

I started working on one of the squares with yarn I had in my stash. I first did the Santa.


This is worked in C2C stitch. The Crochet Crowd has a video tutorial here which I used to learn this stitch. I did do it in the DC stitch using a 4.5mm hook.

While waiting for the yarn to go on sale I had enough yarn on hand to do another square. So I started the snowman. This I worked in HDC like Sarah (RepeatCrafterMe) just to see the difference. They are both nice but I think I like the look of the DC stich better. I also comes out larger with it being a different stitch. So Santa is about 17 by 17 inch square and the snowman is 14.5 by 14.5 inch square both with a 4.5mm hook.



I had so much fun working on these. It was great getting back into the crochet game. Keep checking back for progress. I'm hoping to have this done by the end of November. I am really hoping that the yarn (Vanna's Choice) goes on sale next week if not I may have a sneaking "in" at my local yarn store that can get me a deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment